Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing products within the repository
Grade . Metadata re-use allowed because of not-for-profit purposes
- Anybody may connect to the metadata totally free.
- The metadata might be re-utilized in any medium without prior permission because of not-for-profit purposes provided:
- the OAI Identifier or perhaps a connect to the initial metadata record receive
- the repository is pointed out
- The metadata should not be re-utilized in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Standardised Data Policy for full-text along with other full data products
Grade . Harvesting full data products by robots prohibited
- Anybody may access full products totally free.
- Single copies of full products could be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, and provided to organizations in almost any format or medium
- for private research or study, educational, or otherwise-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic facts are given
- a web link and/or URL receive for that original metadata page
- the information isn’t altered by any means
- Full products should not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing or citation analysis
- Full products should not be offered commercially in almost any format or medium without formal permission from the holders.
Standardised Content Policy for kinds of document data set held
Grade . Content policies defined
- It is really an institutional or departmental repository.
- The repository is fixed to:Theses and dissertations
- Principal Languages: British Afrikaans
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality
Grade . Submission policies defined
- Products may be deposited by accredited people from the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may submit their very own work with archiving.
- The administrator only vets products for that eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance towards the scope from the repository, valid layout format, and also the exclusion of junk e-mail
- The validity and authenticity from the content of submissions may be the sole responsibility from the depositor.
- Products could be deposited anytime, but won’t be made openly visible until any publishers’ or funders’ embargo period has expired.
- Any violations are entirely down to the authors/depositors.
- When the repository receives evidence of breach, the appropriate item is going to be removed immediately.
Standardised Upkeep Policy
Grade . Upkeep policies clearly undefined
- Products is going to be retained indefinitely.
- The repository will attempt to make sure ongoing readability and ease of access.
- Products is going to be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Where possible, software emulations is going to be presented to access united nations-migrated formats.
- The repository regularly supports its files based on current best practice.
- Products might not normally be taken off the repository.
- Acceptable causes of withdrawal include:
- Proven breach or plagiarism
- Legal needs and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- No deletion way of withdrawn products defined.
- Changes to deposited products are not allowed.
- Errata and corrigenda lists might be incorporated using the original record if needed.
- If required, an up-to-date version might be deposited.
- In case of the repository being closed lower, the database is going to be used in another appropriate archive.