6. Nandita Sanyal, Affiliate Professor, Electrical Engineering Department, B. P. Poddar Institute of Management Technology, Kolkata, India ( 2015 ). Thesis Title: Growth and development of Microbial Foraging Optimization Algorithms for Image Processing Applications(joint supervisor: Prof. Sugata Munshi).
5. Gautam Sarkar, Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering Department, Jadavpur College, Kolkata, India (2015). Thesis Title: Growth and development of Low Valued Capacitance Measurement Systems as well as their Applications for Dielectric and Insulation Portrayal (joint supervisors: Prof. Anjan Rakshit and Prof. Kesab Bhatacharya) .
4. Soma Santra (Biswas), Affiliate Professor, Electrical Engineering Department, JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani, India (2015). Thesis Title: Power Quality Issue Aided Optimal Keeping Distributed Generations (joint supervisor: Prof. Swapan Kr. Goswami).
3. Dr. Kaushik Das Sharma, Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Physics, College of Calcutta, Kolkata, India (2012). Thesis Title: Hybrid Methodologies for Stable Adaptive Fuzzy Control (joint supervisor: Prof. Anjan Rakshit) .
2. Dr. Saibal Dutta, Affiliate Professor, Electrical Engineering Department, Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata, India (2012). Thesis Title: Growth and development of Correlation based Algorithms for Bioelectric Signal Classification (joint supervisor: Prof. Sugata Munshi) .
1. Dr. N. Nirmal Singh, Professor and Mind, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, V V College of Engineering, Tamilnadu, India (2010). Thesis Title: Vision Based Au tonomous Navigation of Mobile R obots(joint supervisor: Prof. Anjan Rakshit) .
4. Shouvik Chaudhuri, Research Fellow, Jadavpur College, Kolkata, India (registered in 2015).
Thesis Title: Vision Enabled Position and Pressure Charge of Electrohydraulic Systems (joint supervisor: Dr. Saikat Mookherjee).
3. Sandip Joardar, Haldia Petrochemicals Limited. India (registered in 2015). Thesis Title: Wireless Camera Network Based Systems Using Compressive Sensing Techniques (joint supervisor: Prof. Anjan Rakshit).
2. Dibyendu Pal, Researcher, Robotics and Automation Department, CSIR-CMERI (Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute), Durgapur, India (registered this year). Thesis Title: Robust Fuzzy Control Strategies Employing Metaheuristic Optimization Techniques (joint supervisor: Prof. Anjan Rakshit).
1. Soumi Chakraborty, Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering Department, Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, Kolkata, India (registered this year). Thesis Title: Intelligent Recognition of Power Quality Occasions as well as their Sources (joint supervisor: Prof. Swapan Kr. Goswami).
More Ph.D. students will work on their own thesis problems and they’ll formally register soon.
The PhD enter in Information Technology 2016-2017 starts on November 1, 2016. This season, we award six research fellowships towards the best applicants.
Other possibilities of funding, for as many as other 4 positions, might be provided to students that’ll be in good position within the final ranking from professors in our Department of Information Technology. Also we’re in contact with industries which may be thinking about funding students within combined college-industry PhD program (the so known as “Apprendistato di alta formazione e ricerca”).
Following the admission exam students is going to be accustomed to these possibilities.
We particularly welcome applications from Worldwide students and from students originating from other Italian Universities.
The applying procedure: Step-by-step
The applying procedure includes several steps. Please stick to the procedure carefully. Candidates who would like to obtain a doctorate position are required to follow along with this process.
- August first, 2016 deadline for infostud registration, application submission, and fee payment. (information on step one – here below)
- August first, 2016 deadline for submission of documents specified by step two here below.
Step One. Affect the college central office by using the applying procedure specified by the phone call for applicants (ART. 3 APPLICATIONS). Please be aware: application deadline is August first, 2016 . Particularly, fill and ensure on-line the approval at website: world wide web.uniroma1.it/studenti/infostud .
Be sure to spend the money for registration tax. Info on the steps to follow along with are available here: world wide web.uniroma1.it/sites/default/files/allegati/tutorial%202016.pdf
Step Two. Submit the next documents designed in British or perhaps in Italian towards the coordinator of PhD studies, current email address: email@example.com. (email subject . Name and surname Admission PhD 2016-17):
- A photocopy from the applicants identity card or passport.
- 2 Certificate (or “autocertificazione” based on L. 183/2011 and DPR 445/200 in situation of Italian degree) of master or any other academic degree with a minimum of four years attended using the final grades acquired. For foreign students, academic curriculum certificate using the promise of validity (dichiarazione di valore) from the foreign degree from the competent Italian diplomatic representative in the united states in which the academic qualification continues to be achieved. (We know that the bureaucratic procedure for obtaining the dichiarazione di valore could be lengthy which the document might not be available before August first. In situation, just give a statement inside your application that you’ll send the document once you have it in the Italian Embassy or Consulate.)
- Academic transcripts (detailed exams, grades, completion dates, graduation date and score).
- An overview (for the most part 3 pages) from the candidate’s newest activity in the area of information technology: typically, this is a listing of the master’s thesis. The candidate should address motivations, methodology, acquired results, original and innovative facets of her work.
- An announcement of research interests (for the most part 2 pages): this will explain the study topics the candidate has an interest in as well as address the candidate’s personal motivations for signing up to the PhD Programme.
- Copies of scientific publications, or no.
- For the most part three recommendations supporting the candidate.
- If available. Graduate Record Examinations scores (GRE Information Technology subject test) or Personal Potential Index scores. Observe that our department is really a GRE Designated Institution (DI). Particularly, DI Code 8299 is owned by Sapienza College Rome – Dipartimento Informatica. Please make use of this code number when indicating our institution as GRE score report recipient.
- Every other honors, awards, or qualifications, appropriately certified.
Products 1-10 could be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (transcripts could be scanned). These details (Products 1-10) must achieve us by August 1, 2016 and become designed in British or Italian. The utmost email size (text + documents) is 10MB (Megabytes). Bigger email is going to be instantly discarded .
Recommendation letters should be sent through the recommenders. preferably by email to email@example.com .
Coordinator’s mail address:
Prof. Chiara Petrioli
Dipartimento di Informatica, Sapienza Università di Roma
Via Salaria 113 (terzo piano, stanza 311)
I-00169 Roma, Italia
Based on art. 2 from the Call, applications will also be recognized from students who be prepared to complete their degree by October 31, 2016. They have to present, with their application, an announcement by their thesis supervisor insisting that he/she’ll complete his/her degree through the aforementioned date. This declaration replaces attachment 2 from the list above.
Admission decisions are created with a faculty Evaluation Committee. The choice procedure includes two phases:
- look at qualifications
The candidates whose overall score in phase 1 (total for points 18) is bigger than or comparable to 40 from 60 are short-listed, rated based on their total qualifications merit score, and asked to have an interview.
Rapid-list is announced by September 19, 2016, at site: phd.di.uniroma1.it .
Notification is recognized as delivered with the announcement from the list. The effective applicants will get no personal communications of the results.
The job interview, in Italian or British, is aimed to evaluate candidates background, skills, and potential to keep research within the scientific regions of the PhD Programme. Throughout the interview, the evaluation Committee:
- asks to go over the study statement and also the personal motivations for signing up to the PhD Programme
- will verify the backdrop in information technology
- will test problem-solving abilities from the candidate
- will do an in-depth discussion from the qualifications from the candidate.
The interviews will occur on September 22, 2016, 09:30AM, Seminar Room, terzo piano, via Salaria 113, 00198 Rome. Upon motivated demands delivered to the PhD Coordinator, interviews of scholars can be achieved remotely using video-conferencing facilities.
The evaluation Committee assigns a score for that second phase as high as 60 points. A score of at least 40 is needed for admission.
Following the conclusion from the interviews, the evaluation Committee publishes at site phd.di.uniroma1.it the ultimate ranking, their email list of candidates accepted towards the PhD Programme, and also the assignment from the PhD grants based on assigned scores.
Marks received by short-listed candidates within the dental exam:
Final rankings of standard applicants