Published By: bmw icom November 12, 2015
BMW proprietors, normally you can play a relevant video only as the vehicle is parked or in a really low speed. To unlock the television or even the DVD video while driving, you’ll need perform some coding job. BMW NCS-expert is the greatest coding software, but DVD moving for CIC coding needs both NCS expert and NCS Dummy software.
NCS Dummy software
A laptop running Win 7/Win 8O/S
NCS Dummy can parse keyword trace files and retrieves all possible parameters, control unit data and order choices for each function making NCS expert simpler to know.
Activating the CIC DVD moving Instruction:
1) Well loaded and install BMW ICOM NCS expert and NCS Dummy coding software
Download free NCS Dummy software
2) Setup and fasten BMW ICOM a2+b+c diagnostic hardware with vehicle via OBD socket
3) Browse the “FSW_PSW.TRC” trace file in the CIC module with NCS Expert and write lower the module name (for instance “CIC.C09”).
4) Run NCS Dummy software
5) Select BMW Chassis and module, click magnifier button to spread out the Find window.
Enter search item “SPEEDLOCK” and click on “Find Next” (or click ENTER before you come across the preferred functions within the graphical trace editor: “SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN” and “SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX”.
Right-click function “SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN” and select “Add Parameter” in the popup menu.
6) Choose the new parameters (marked red) and enter a parameter keyword for this, for instance 255_kmh. Set the information value to FF.
Repeat previous operation to discover “SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX” function
Click on the “Module Functions” button and select “Update Module…” in the dropdown list.
7) Whenever a system pops out a prompt asking to update the module CIC.C**, press Alright to update the module.
8) Load the trace file you read earlier with NCS Expert coding software.
Repeat previous operation to discover functions “SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN” and “SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX”
Tick the checkboxes for that new parameters (14) (15)
Search the part “VIDEO_NUR_Durch_HANDBREMSE” and make certain it’s set to “nicht_aktiv”.
9) Select “Export FSW_PSW.MAN” in the “Export FSW/PSW” button dropdown menu (16) in order to save the settings for an FSW/PSW trace manipulation apply for coding with NCS Expert.
If “Enable Quick Export” is ticked you are able to rapidly export the alterations simply by clicking the “Export FSW/PSW” button.
10) Coding procedure is finished. Exit the NCS Dummy and NCS Expert software. Disconnect the BMW ICOM diagnostic system.