Thomas A. Kochan Stephen R. Sleigh
Best Dissertation Award
DEADLINE: This summer time time 1
PURPOSE. The Labor and Employment Relations Association has produced a yearly competition for publish-doctorate students in industrial relations* or related fields for example history, political science, immediate and ongoing expenses, sociology, etc. as extended since they are broadly associated with employment relations as reflected within the publications and membership within the LERA. It is because twofold: (1) to stimulate greater awareness and interest among doctorate students at colleges and universities of the thought of industrial relations, and (2) to supply a vehicle through which a great thesis getting a doctorate student might be created more broadly shown to scholars within the field.
ELIGIBILITY. The Thomas A. Kochan and Stephen R. Sleigh Best Dissertation Award competition is available to doctorate students who completed their thesis inside an accredited college or college relating to the dates of The month from the month of the month of january 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010. Dissertations and correspondence needs to be within the British language.
AWARDS. Your competition prize to obtain awarded yearly will probably be $1,000 (one-1000-dollars). The champion will probably be announced inside the Association’s Annual Meeting along with the prize compensated within thirty (30) days carrying out a conclusion within the meeting inside the month from the month of the month of january. Single (1) year complimentary LERA membership may also be granted for that winning author.
Knowing. Records will most likely be judged based on originality, quality of research, quality of research, style and organization, functionality and timeliness of subject. The records will most likely be judged by individuals in the special Academic Awards Committee.
ENTRY PROCEDURE. Students who wish to type in the competition have to:
1) complete an entry form and
2) send it to get a replica within the thesis. their vita/resume. along with a letter from part of the student’s Ph.D. Committee stating why the thesis is particularly deserving.
- The thesis needs to be printed by email to LERAoffice@illinois.edu (not faxed or mailed), and our preference should be to receive all materials digitally, however, once the student must fax or mail a few in the products, they might make this happen.
- Part of the dissertation committee may directly send us instructions of support for the entry, or possibly a student may forward it to a lot of us wonderful individuals other entry materials.
- The entry form (.pdf) needs to be completed and came back while using the other entry materials.
- The entry form, thesis, vita/resume, and letter inside the student’s committee should be delivered to:
Paula Wells, Executive Director
Labor and Employment Relations Association
121 School of LER
504 East Armory Avenue
Champaign, IL 61820
ENTRY DEADLINE. Every area from the entry (entry form, thesis, vita/resume, and letter of support) needs to be printed for that LERA headquarters in Champaign, Illinois on or before summer time time 1. The winners will most likely be notified by mail in the selection by mid-November.
To find out more, contact the LERA Office at (217) 333-0072 or email LERAoffice@illinois.edu .
* Industrial Relations is identified as every part of the thought of labor and employment including employer and worker organizations, labor relations, labor markets, labor immediate and ongoing expenses, human sources, along with the workplace.