probably the most important organs within your body, such as the lung area, heart and brain. The poisonous chemicals in cigarettes may cause emphysema (a lung disease) and bronchitis (inflammation of airways towards the lung area), cardiovascular disease, cardiac arrest, stroke (a disruption from the bloodstream flow towards the brain) and cancer.
Here are a few other effects that smoking might have in your health:
- Hearing and vision loss
- Joint disease
- Chronic coughing, more phlegm (mucus) inside your mouth and bronchial asthma
- Reduction in sports performance. Consider it: you cannot run as quickly or jump as high if you cannot breathe correctly!
- Cancer from the mouth, gums and teeth, cavities, and yellow staining from the teeth
- Peptic ulcers, pancreatic cancer, bladder cancer, kidney and liver damage
- Acid reflux
- Decreased circulation within the fingers and toes
- Yellowing of finger nails and toenails
- Foul breath
One other issue is the fact that smoking is generally not really a one-shot deal. It will take only days or days for brand new smokers to get addicted. Why? Because cigarettes have a drug known as Nicotine, the component that triggers the addiction. Nicotine is really a stimulant, meaning it can make you are feeling just a little hyper. The greater you smoke, the greater you need to still smoke. The body becomes physically determined by the drug and starts to crave it. This is exactly what causes it to be so hard to stop smoking once you have began.
Here are a few other interesting (and shocking) details about smoking:
- Roughly 1500 children are wiped out every year by fires in your home which were brought on by cigarettes. The tobacco industry has got the science to create a self-extinguishing cigarette, however they avoid using it! Why?
Even though you don’t smoke, just being around those who are smoking may cause health issues. “Secondhand smoke” (also known as “sidestream smoke”) from another person’s cigarette could be just like harmful as smoking itself.
Here are a few details about secondhand smoke:
- It kills about 3,000 non-smokers every year from cancer of the lung.
- It causes as much as 300,000 lung infections (like pneumonia and bronchitis) in infants and youthful children every year.
- It causes babies to become in danger of SIDS (Cot Death).
- Inside a crowded restaurant, smoking can establish six occasions the pollution of the busy highway.
- Pets suffer too! It may cause leukemia (a kind of cancer) in cats and enlarged hearts in dogs.
- It causes 30 occasions as numerous cancer of the lung deaths as all of the different types of pollution combined.
- It causes wheezing, coughing, common colds, earaches and bronchial asthma attacks.
- It fills the environment with lots of exactly the same poisons based in the air around toxic waste dumps.
- It ruins the smell and taste of food.
- It causes reddening, itching, and watering from the eyes.
Finally, you might have learned about electric tobacco, a sticky substance that you simply chew, a lot like gum, having a tobacco flavor. The product is also referred to as “eating tobacco,” “spit tobacco,” and “snuff.” Lots of people believe that electric tobacco is not dangerous for your health the way in which cigarettes are.
Not the case! Eating these items may cause bleeding gums, sores within the mouth that never heal, and cancer from the mouth. Additionally, you can get foul breath, hiccups, dizziness, nausea and yellow staining from the teeth. Sounds gross, huh? Like cigarettes, electric tobacco contains Nicotine, that makes it addictive.