I’m presently a investigator in Ricoh Innovations (Menlo Park, CA). I received my Ph.D. from College of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. underneath the supervision of Klara Nahrstedt within the Multimedia Os’s as well as networking (MONET) group. After graduation, Used to do a 1-year publish-doc using the interdisciplinary Center for Wireless Population Systems in the at College of California, North Park. I became a member of Ricoh in The month of january 2013, and it is located in Plastic Valley.
Specialties/interests: tele-immersion/tele-presence, AR/VR, 3D, wearable/mobile/ubiquitous systems, perceptual computing, and human-centered computing.
- New publication: “Immersive 3D Communication ” (Authors: Wanmin Wu, Cha Zhang), a tutorial to become presented at ACM Multimedia 2014. (08/2014)
- New publication: ” Mobile Information Gateway Enabling True Mobility ” (Authors: Nikhil Balram, Wanmin Wu, Kathrin Berkner, Ivana Tosic), IMID 2014. (05/2014)
- New publication: ” Analyzing Sedentary Behavior in Existence-logging Images ” (Authors: Mohammad Moghimi, Wanmin Wu, Jacqueline Chen, Suneeta Godbole, Simon Marshall, Jacqueline Kerr, Serge Belongie), ICIP 2014. (05/2014)
- I had been promoted to Advisory Research Researcher at Ricoh Innovations Corp. (03/2014)
- I am becoming a TPC member for ACM Multimedia 2014. NOSSDAV 2014. MMSys 2014. and HuEvent 2014 .
- Our TOMCCAP’12 paper continues to be selected in to the Notable Computing Books and Articles of 2012 by ACM Computing Reviews.
- I am becoming a place chair for ACM Multimedia 2013 .
- I am becoming a TPC member for that fifth Worldwide Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience ( QoMEX) 2013 .
- ACM Computing Reviews’ Better of 2012.
- SIGMM Best PhD Thesis Award 2012.
- ACM Multimedia Best Student Paper Award, 2011.
- IEEE Worldwide Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME) Best Paper Award Nominee, 2009.
- IBM Watson Emerging Leaders in Multimedia, 2008.
- Yahoo! Key Technical Challenge Award 2007.
- ACM Student Research Competition, Second Place, 2007.
Selected Journals Publications
- Wanmin Wu, Ahsan Arefin, Gregorij Kurillo, Pooja Agarwal, Klara Nahrstedt, Ruzena Bajcsy, CZLoD: A PsychophysicalApproach for 3D Tele-immersive Video, ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications (TOMCCAP), Volume 8 Issue 3s, September 2012. ACM Computing Reviews’ Notable Computing Books and Articles of 2012
- Wanmin Wu, Sanjoy Dasgupta, Ernesto E Ramirez, Carlyn Peterson, Gregory J Norman, Classification Accuracies of Activities Using Smartphone Motion Sensors. Journal of Medical Investigations ( rated #one in Medical Informatics, and #2 in Health Sciences/Health Services Research ). Volume 14, No. 5, 2012.
- Zhenyu Yang, Wanmin Wu, Klara Nahrstedt, Gregorij Kurillo and Ruzena Bajcsy, Enabling Multi-party 3D Tele-immersive Environments with ViewCast. ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications (TOMCCAP), 2010.
Selected Conference Publications
- Wanmin Wu, Ahsan Arefin, Gregorij Kurillo, Pooja Agarwal, Klara Nahrstedt, Ruzena Bajcsy, Color-plus-Depth Level-of-Detail in 3D Tele-immersive Video: A Psychophysical Approach. ACM Multimedia, 2012. Best Student Paper Award.
- (Acceptance ratio = 17%, 666 submissions).
- Wanmin Wu, Ahsan Arefin, Raoul Rivas, Klara Nahrstedt, Renata Sheppard, Zhenyu Yang, Quality of expertise in Distributed Interactive Multimedia Environments: Toward a Theoretical Framework. ACM Multimedia, 2009.
(Acceptance ratio = 17%).
- Rahul Malik, Wanmin Wu and Klara Nahrstedt, Modeling the Tele-Immersive Systems using Stochastic Activity Network. IEEE Worldwide Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME’09), Cancun, Mexico, This summer 2009. Best Paper Award Nominee (633 submissions).
- Wanmin Wu, Zhenyu Yang, Klara Nahrstedt, Dynamic Overlay Multicast in 3D Video Collaborative Systems. Worldwide Workshop on Network and Os’s Support for Digital Video and audio (NOSSDAV’09), June 2009.
- Wanmin Wu, Zhenyu Yang, Indranil Gupta, Klara Nahrstedt, Towards Multi-Site Collaboration in 3D Tele-Immersive Environments. Worldwide Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS’08), Beijing, China, 2008. (Acceptance ratio = 17%).
Produced with Weebly