PhD and Masters by Research theses are needed by College rules, to become deposited using the College Library, the College Archive, along with the College where the candidate conducted the job.
It’s also compulsory to lodge a digital copy using the Victoria College Research Repository (VURR) .
Your thesis will be listed in search engines like google, eg. Google.
Victoria College theses
Copies of VU Honours and Greater Degree Coursework (minor) theses are stored through the College where the student was enrolled. Use of these theses relies upon conditions enforced through the relevant College. Contact ought to be made straight to the school concerned.
VU Library has copies of theses for loan. The majority are in book format, a few of the older ones can be found only on microfiche. To discover a VU thesis, use Library Search to do a keyword search and mix terms for example ‘thesis’ and ‘Victoria University’ with broad subject groups, for instance, ‘marketing’. Older theses in the former Footscray Institute of Technology could be located by substituting ‘Footscray Institute’ for ‘Victoria University’.
If your thesis can’t be found in the Library or even the College, contact the College Archivist. If held through the Archives, plans can be created to help make the archive copy readily available for viewing under supervision.
Some theses using their company Australian institutions might be held by Victoria College Library. These may be discovered using a keyword, author or title search in Library Search.
Locate Australian theses by searching:
- Victoria College Research Repository
- Trove. Combined catalogue for searching Australian libraries.
- Subject databases. Some specialist databases index theses.
VU Library might have some worldwide theses within the primary collection that are offered to gain access to, however most worldwide theses won’t be held.
Locate worldwide theses by searching:
- OpenDOAR. An worldwide directory of educational open access repositories that can help you locate institutional repositories on any area of interest, from the country (including Australia).
- Digital Dissertations. This can be a database of citations and abstracts describing Masters and PhD theses and dissertations. The emphasis is on theses from universities and graduate schools in america with a few coverage of Northern European, Australian and Asian universities.
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD). This website provides use of mainly dissertations and theses from America but includes other countries.
- OregonPDF in Health Performance. A non-profit foundation, cooperates with universites and colleges around the world to offer graduate dissertations and theses in areas associated with health insurance and performance. When the item you would like is pre-2000 and fulltext isn’t available you may make a request so that it is transformed into PDF. The thesis is going to be scanned and submitted towards the OregonPDF database within 24 hrs.
- Libraries Australia. Libraries Australia searches Australian libraries. Other Australian libraries might have some worldwide theses within their collections.
- Subject databases. Some specialist databases index theses. Digital accessibility to theses is growing. These may be discovered through Google or Google Scholar, or any other Search on the internet engines and directories.
Australian and Worldwide theses which have been located but aren’t held by VU Library could be acquired by:
- Document Request System. This particular service is just open to staff and Greater Degree students. Not every institutions will lend theses.
- Suggestion for sale. Some theses might be purchased for that VU Library collection. Purchase depends upon money handy and collection selection criteria. Selection meets the approval of the right Liaison Librarian for that College and Campus. Suggesting a product for sale is completed through My Library .
- Making personal plans to go to the holding institution. VU staff and students can borrow at other universities by signing up for the CAVAL or National Borrowing Plan .
2016 CRICOS Provider No.00124K (Melbourne) and CRICOS Provider No. 02475D (Sydney). RTO Code: 3113.