Electronic thesis submission is College needed – postgraduate research students deposit a digital form of their thesis into Manchester eScholar while using MyETD Service.
The Manchester eScholar My electronic thesis/dissertation (ETD) services are an internet based application which helps doctorate-level postgraduate research (PGR) students to submit a digital copy of the thesis and postgraduate administrative staff to handle this method. The service includes extensive online help and guidance for college students on matters for example: what’s an ETD? must i make my thesis open to others? how do you produce a PDF? the master of the of my thesis?
The College of Manchester requires all registered PGR students to submit an ETD. A Manchester College ETD includes three elements,
- metadata describing the thesis e.g. title, author name, abstract, keywords
- a declaration around the students needs on making the thesis (electronic and print) open to others
- a PDF form of the entire-text of the thesis
Students deposit an ETD for their examination (and re-submission as necessary) and final versions of the thesis. All content articles are susceptible to the folowing,
The My ETD Service includes tools that permit Faculty/School postgraduate administrative staff to handle and oversee student submissions. Consequently, the submission processes are devolved and integrated with local practices over the College. For instance, the management tools allow approved visitors to create submission home windows tailored to individual student needs, acknowledge submissions and evaluate the condition associated with a particular student submission. Only approved PGR managers who’ve attended appropriate training have the My ETD management tools.
ALL electronic theses remain hidden unless of course,
- the thesis may be the final version – publish-examination, including needed corrections,
- the PGR student declares (in their ETD submission) they agree the thesis might be downloaded,
- the right Faculty/School administrator has acknowledged delivery of the ETD submission,
- the right Faculty/School administrator has approved the thesis can be created open to others.
Students have access to the My ETD Service via My Manchester and taking advantage of the Electronic thesis/dissertation portlet. Folks are needed to logon while using University’s Central Authentication System (CAS).
- My Manchester (the Electronic thesis/dissertation portlet can be obtained underneath the portlet category, Studies and Research. Make use of the Customise My Manchester. Add Content choice to view and choose portlets)
The My ETD Services are available 24/7. From time to time we must schedule brief outages of the service. This permits us to include features and upgrade software. We give 24 hrs notice just before scheduled outages by posting messages around the Manchester eScholar Services website along with other key access points e.g. the ETD portlet.
Individuals can request support by email, telephone and/or through fac-to-face conferences. Our telephone support lines are available so we can meet face-to-face during core work hours (Monday to Friday 10am – 4pm, excluding national holidays).
Call us to create an enquiry.