Presenting Findings (Qualitative)
Subject 1: Chapter 4
How can you present your findings (qualitative)?
When crafting your findings, the very first factor you need to consider is how to organize your findings. Your findings represent the storyline you will tell as a result of the study questions you’ve clarified. Thus, you will need to organize that story in a manner that is sensible for you and can seem sensible for your readers. You need to consider how to present the findings so they are compelling and attentive to the study question(s) you clarified. These questions might not be the questions embark to reply to however they will certainly function as the questions you clarified. You might uncover that the easiest method to organize the findings is first by research question and 2nd by theme. There might be other formats which are better for telling your story. After you have made the decision how you need to organize the findings, you’ll start the chapter by reminding your readers from the research questions. You will have to differentiate between is presenting raw data and taking advantage of data as evidence or examples to aid the findings you’ve identified. Here are a few facts to consider:
- Your findings ought to provide sufficient evidence out of your data to aid the conclusions you earn. Evidence takes the type of quotes from interviews and excerpts from observations and documents.
- Ethically you need to make certain you trust your findings and take into account counter-evidence (evidence that contradicts most of your finding) and never report something without sufficient evidence to support it.
- Your findings ought to be related to your conceptual framework.
- Your findings ought to be as a result of the issue presented (as based on the study questions) and ought to be the “solution” or “answer” to individuals questions.
- You need to concentrate on data that allows you to answer your quest questions, not merely on offering raw data.
- Qualitative research presents “best examples” of raw data to show an analytic point, not merely to show data.
- Figures (descriptive statistics) strengthen your readers know how prevalent or typical a finding is. Figures are useful and cannot be prevented because is really a qualitative dissertation.
Example Martinez-Kellar Dissertation, p. 140-144 (Individual Leader Element: Leader Creativeness)
Navigating The Dissertation
With regards to the purpose of presenting your dissertation results and discussing them you might be just a little confused how to get this done and a lot of us are whenever we first get it done. You need to prepare what you would like to appear in this chapter and much more considerably, what you would like to recognize as significant results, patterns and concentrate in the primary research data you’ve collected.
You will need to plan that which you say, because you will need to understand what to pay for within this chapter. This stage isn’t to incorporate 200 approximately graphs, figures and charts, but to determine an awareness from the data and say what it really means. Therefore, you might not wish to include all the questions that you simply did ask inside your research, but make reference to the particular ones that gave the most meaning.
It may seem that you will see an excessive amount of information to become incorporated within this section, but want to make reference to numerous extra and supporting graphs and charts that needs to be discussed within the dissertation research, this is when you’ll decide whether or not to move something towards the appendices and make reference to it from the chapter.
You’ll most definitely wish to move any example letters or questionnaires as well as transcripts towards the appendices so the readers could see the ‘evidence’ to make sure that knowing about it within this chapter applies and reliable and you simply haven’t been which makes it up.
There are a variety of ways that you are able to present your sources that could be. through the hypothesis by research questions, ones you will probably have put down within the introduction and literature review by research method, identifying that which was learnt and also the significant resulting data from each one of the methods utilized in chronological order, so searching in the pretests and actual tests and searching in the different phases by variability, should there be critical variable towards the study then you might begin using these to create your results.
It is best to have an introduction and first paragraph inside your results and discussion after which progress through inside a logical manner. Don’t forget to consult arguments that you simply did contained in previous areas of your dissertation because this can have your general understanding you have concerning the research process. You will have to present some discussion and this ought to be evaluative anyway to make certain this section fully plays a role in your dissertation research paper.
7 ideas on “ Presenting Your Dissertation Results & Discussion ”