The Florida AHEC Network offers tobacco ongoing teaching programs to Florida’s practicing health care professionals through a number of techniques and formats.
Health Care Professionals in Training
Consistent with the general public Health Service Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence: Clinical Practice Guideline – 2008 Update, the Network is effecting systems change by imparting to healthcare providers the abilities essential to treat tobacco dependence and make sure it is a high priority during patient consultations.
Ongoing education topics include brief intervention training, motivational interviewing, new cigarettes and tobacco products, cessation techniques, pharmacotherapy, pediatric lung the process of secondhand smoke, and finest practices for dealing with special populations, for example women that are pregnant and adolescents. The trainings are for sale to health care professionals at low or cost-free, and they’re provided through in-person workshops, workshops, conferences, symposia, and summits, in addition to through DVD, CD-ROM, and Internet.
Click the Call Us tab towards the top of the page to obtain information to make contact with the local AHEC Center for particular programs in your town.
AHEC NETWORK CERTIFIED TOBACCO TREATMENT SPECIALIST TRAINING
The objective of the Tobacco Treatment Specialist Training: This 3-day course meets the 24-hour National Standards and Florida requirment for Tobacco Treatment Specialists (TTS) such as the 11 core competencies: tobacco dependence, counseling skills, assessment interviewing, treatment planning, pharmacotherapy, relapse prevention, professional sources, ethics, professional development plus much more.
Also on offer is really a 4-hour company work out around the Stop Smoking NOW (QSN) curriculum around the fourth day.
This session prepares the TTS to give the six session QSN classes within their communities. This extra session isn’t mandatory neither is it needed for certification.
Online For Free Tobacco CE/CME Courses!
The Florida AHEC Network is very happy to offer Online for free tobacco courses for health care professionals through the Florida Keys AHEC website. Visit world wide web.aheceducation.com for more information.
Click to download
- Tobacco-Free Residing in Psychological Settings – A Finest Practices Toolkit through the National Association of Condition Mental Health Program Company directors (PDF) Download
- Rx for Change – Clinician-aided tobacco cessation sources according to concepts established within the U.S. Public Health Service Clinical Practice Guideline for the treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence world wide web.rxforchange.ucsf.edu/
- Quit Now Poster (13 x 19) (PDF) Download
- E-Cigarette Handout (PDF) Download
- Florida AHEC Network Tobacco Sales brochure (PDF) Download
- Twelve Details to assist Eliminate the Myths about Nicotine Substitute Therapies (NRTs) and Nicotine (PDF) Download
- Tobacco Treatment Chart (PDF) Download
- Cessation Counseling Services, Reimbursement and Sources Sales brochure (PDF) Download
For further tobacco education prevention sources, make sure to consult the “Tobacco Sources ” tab too