The MA in Ancient History enables students to check out the history, society and culture within the Greek and Roman world from Archaic A vacation to a vacation in a holiday in greece to Late Ancient occasions, through a combination of trained modules and individual research.
- Flexible programme directed at the student’s interests.
- Learning research skills and techniques, theoretical concepts along with the techniques of performing and writing up an impartial study.
- Students usually takes a course inside the British School in Athens or Rome.
The MA in Ancient History should be flexible, enabling students to pursue their unique interests although gaining an excellent foundation research skills. We provide numerous seminar-based modules that explore major styles and approaches within the research in to the standard world, and various Special Topics where the student researches a topic in the choice underneath the guidance in the supervisor. The MA may be the research for doctorate research, it provides transferable skills, that’s valuable for almost any career in academia, everybody sector and teaching.
The trained area of the MA runs from October to May, and combines research training modules, study on the traditional language, and a number of specialised options (the following). It’s also easy to experience a residential course inside the British School in Athens or possibly the British School in Rome. With the trained stage within the MA, students lay the concepts for the second area of the course, this is a person study, transported out between May and September, before you dissertation of 20,000 words. The program may be taken full-over time twelve several days, or part-time over 3 years.
Students take around 180 credits of modules, comprised of:
- 40 credits of core skills modules
- 20 credits of language modules
- 60 credits of option modules
- 60 credit Dissertation (subject or theme selected using the student in consultation with academic staff)
In addition to helping students get yourself a detailed and significant understanding from the selected part of ancient history, the MA provides the opportunity to get and excellent valuable skills which are strongly related careers in many fields. Frequently known as transferable or generic skills, these expand students’ individual abilities that makes it simpler in order to obtain employment and enter their careers with abilities which are broadly considered required for professional success.
When carried out the MA in Ancient History, students may have acquired the next skills:
- Intellectual skills. like the opportunity to critically evaluate evidence that is interpretation, and to be loving toward differing interpretations to sustain might argument and obtain a conclusion which can be defended to synthesise and analyse information to judge theoretical explanations and to integrate different methodologies.
- Speaking skills. like the opportunity to see and interpret texts both in Latin or ancient greek language language language.
- Communication skills. like the opportunity to speak orally in a appropriate professional manner to create presentations both just like a person and incorporated inside an organization to create effectively inside an advanced level.
- It skills. like the chance to utilize electronic sources for ancient historians and classicists to uncover, manage and utilise data and information.
- Personal skills. like the opportunity to handle workloads to evolve and apply skills to new contexts to evaluate and formulate priorities, constraints and goals, and also to sit in altering conditions.
- Most considerably, using the finish within the MA, students can critically look at the work of others and of their, to activate effectively in debate inside an advanced level, to set up, design and execute a coherent research strategy, and to produce detailed and coherent reports and presentations.
first or upper second class United kingdom Honours degree in a appropriate subject.
Appropriate for graduates in Ancient History, Classics and Classical The the the archaeology of gortyn of gortyn of gortyn and related humanities and social science disciplines.
Students whose first language isn’t British will most likely be required to feed an IELTS test (minimum 6.5) or equivalent.
Note: Worldwide students going after part-time programmes of study aren’t qualified for Tier 4 (General Student) visas and may have alternative leave to stay within the United kingdom after they plan to attend the college personally.
To make use of please use our Online Application Service and choose the MA Ancient History option. Applicants should make use of the Personal Statement part of the form to stipulate their market and, if at all possible, the subject they really want to analyze for dissertation.
Go here to understand more about funding created for Masters students at Within the School ever, The the the archaeology of gortyn of gortyn of gortyn and Religion.
Charges quoted work for your educational session 2016/17. For programmes lasting several year, tuition charges for subsequent many years of study are more likely to a rise of a maximum of 4.5% each year.