Why go ahead and take program?
Do you want searching within the problems that affect children within the first many years of existence? This interdisciplinary course draws together the theories and practices from the practice, sociology, psychology, medical health insurance social policy that report for that Early Years workforce.
You’ll study topics, ideas, models and theories associated with past and supply practice.
What will I experience?
Concerning this course you can:
- Gain work-based experience by volunteering at local schools or benevolent organizations
- Attend lectures by guest loudspeakers researching within the field
- Develop European and global perspectives through our worldwide links
What options might it result in?
Studying within the School from the practice and Childhood Studies frequently leads you onto numerous career pathways, a few of which may need postgraduate study. You can test to acquire a quantity of roles in education, social care and medical areas.
Be aware the program doesn’t provide Qualified Teacher Status.
Right here are a handful of routes our graduates have attacked:
- education and training
- family and buddies supprt service
- healthcare and health promotion
- social work
- police pressure
- are employed in the voluntary sector
The program features a tremendous variety of units, concentrating on practical hands-on experience and commentary on issues nowadays.
Victoria Byrne, BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies student
Learn more and book your home
UCAS Course Code: LX53 Duration three years full-time, four years sandwich with work placement 2016 ENTRY Needs A LEVELS
240-300 points from three A levels or equivalent. See full entry needs OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
We accept UCAS points business qualifications. See more details and British Language qualifications 2017 ENTRY Needs The UCAS tariff for 2017 entry has altered. Observe this affects your tariff score A LEVELS
96-120 points from three A levels or equivalent. See full entry needs
We accept UCAS points business qualifications. See more details and British Language qualifications Charges
United kingdom/EU/Funnel Islands and Isle of human students
2016/17 entry: full-time: £9,000 p/a*
2017/18 entry: full-time: £9,250 p/a*
2016/17 entry: full-time: £12,000 p/a**
2017/18 entry: full-time: £12,600 p/a**
*Tuition might be vulnerable to annual increase.
**Tuition is vulnerable to annual increase.
Within the newbie in the degree, you’ll be introduced to have an wide-varying of skills and understanding which gives you support in your study. The BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies concentrates on constructs of childhood, child development and exactly how youthful children needs are met, particularly inside the context in the household and early years settings. You’ll study:
- Child and Youth Development
- Children, Youthful People and Social Policy
- Equality and variety used
- All around health within the Youthful Child
- Perspectives of Early Childhood Education
The 2nd year in the degree aims to consolidate the styles introduced within the newbie. Study of how government policy influences and impacts practice will most likely be looked at in greater depth.
Using options right now will help you begin concentrating on a particular market. In addition, you’ll hold the chance to determine compensated or voluntary use children for your Existence Elective in a option this season.
- Global Childhoods
- Professional Practice when they are youthful Education and Care
- Just Playing?
- Research with Children and Youthful People
- Two Options from
- Children’s Literature
- Children’s Social Minds
- Communicative Methods for Children
- Advancement of Learning
- Digital Natives
- Gender, Race and Education
Your third year will concentrate on curriculum needs, policies along with the legal legal legal rights within the child when you consider an market through selecting a dissertation and options.
- Promoting Early Learning (-3)
- Developing and growing Youthful Children’s Thinking for Learning
- Two Options from:
- Conduct Matters
- Children with (Severe) Learning Difficulties
- Children, Youthful People and Religion
- What’s the storyplot?
- Favorite anecdotes and Folktales for kids
- Who’s in control?
- Families in need of funds
- Won’t Read, Can’t Read: Failing Readers
- Issues Associated with Children and Youthful People’s Mental Health
- Dealing with Cared for Children
Teaching and Assessment
We take great pride in the standard of teaching and student support concerning this course. Learning takes numerous forms including group-based activities, workshops, tutorials, individual and group presentations, poster presentations, project work, elearning activities and lectures.
How are things assessed?
We use numerous assessment strategies to really achieve your academic potential. Here’s how you assess work:
- group and individual presentations/projects
- a ten,000-word dissertation
Ms Pleasure Chalke
Early Childhood Studies
The BA Early Childhood Studies provides students while using chance to have interaction while using the subject from numerous national and worldwide perspectives which support a deepening understanding and understanding in the constructions within the youthful child nowadays.
Check us out additional information