1a. to lock getting a elevated point without support from below. suspend b. to suspend using the neck until dead —often hung formerly —often utilized just like a gentle oath I will be hung c. to lock so that you can allow free motion within given limits upon some suspension hang a doord. to handle the hem of (a skirt) so that you can hang evenly at a powerful height
2. to furnish with hanging adornments (as flags or bunting)
3. to carry or bear within the suspended or inclined manner hung his mind in shame
4. to utilize having a wall hang wallpaper
5. to demonstrate (pictures) within the gallery
6. to throw (as being a curveball) therefore it does not break correctly
7. to create (a turn) especially while driving hang the very besthung a fast U-turn — Tom Clancy
1a. to stay suspended or that include a location above without support from below. dangle b. to die by hanging —often hung formerly he hung for his crimesc. to obtain connected as something relevant or related therefore hangs a forex account — Shakespeare
2. to stay poised or stationary in mid-air clouds hanging low overhead
4. to obtain imminent. impend disaster hung within the nation
5. to fall or droop within the usually tense or taut position
7a(1). to consider hold for support. cling she held on his arm(2). to help keep persistent contact dogs hung for that trail(3). to keep or continue holding a predicament hang behind(4). to remain even. continue —usually along with withattempting to hang while using the leaderb. to obtain difficult or oppressive time hangs on his hands
8. to obtain uncertain or even in suspense the choice remains hanging
9. to lean, incline, or jut over or downward
10. to be an condition of rapt attention held on her behalf account every word
11. to complement or fall inside the estimate easy lines the coat hangs loosely
12. to give time idly or even in relaxing or socializing hanging at the sea —often along with around or outhung by helping cover their buddies
13of a tossed ball. to don’t break or drop as intended
Usage Discussion of hang
For transitive and intransitive senses 1b yesteryear and past participle hung, furthermore to hung, is standard. Hung is most suitable for official executions he ended up being be hung, cut lower although still alive … as well as the bowels torn out — Louis Allen but hung could also be used gave orders that they must be hung — Peter Quennell. Hung is much more appropriate in a lower cost formal hangings by morning I will be hung in effigy — Taxation .
Types of hang within the sentence
He hung the painting inside your wall.
We hung paper lanterns inside the trees.
My grandmother acquainted with hang the wash round the clothesline.
An image of her family hangs inside your wall.
Numerous her works of art are hanging within the Museum of latest Art.
Your coat is hanging within the closet.
They intend to hang wallpaper within the hallway.
He let his arm hang lower towards the water.
They’ll hang him within the county jailhouse.
He was hung for his crimes.