Theses and dissertations are essential resources to researchers. They’re wealthy causes of primary information and original research. They might also give direction for research already carried out and identify research ‘gaps’.
Staff and researchers at USQ may obtain theses and dissertations from all over the world.
Finding USQ theses
USQ PhD, Masters (Research) and a few Honours theses can be found in the Library. Many final year Engineering project reports can also be found.
Theses created just before 2001. They are in publications format and therefore are in a closed collection at Toowoomba.
Each USQ thesis and project is individually on the Library Catalogue. Knowing the writer or title, you are able to perform a fundamental explore these records. To search through lists of theses and projects, keyword searching is suggested.
To gain access to these theses inside the Library, note the phone call number and get in the Loans Desk. There might be limited retrieval on nights and weekends based on staff availability. Theses aren’t for loan to off-campus students, but sections could be copied and sent.
Theses created since 2001 and Engineering project reports since 2004 :
They are mostly in an electronic format and accessible in the USQ ePrints repository collection. These come in fulltext PDF format.
- Search by keyword or author. selecting ‘Thesis (_PhD/Research)’ or ‘USQ Project’ because the Item Type
- Alternatively, an entire report on these in title alphabetical order can be obtained around the ePrints website
- A small amount of publish 2002 theses are just obtainable in print format (they’ve already special access or format conditions) and could be found in the Library Catalogue.
Records of theses in an electronic format will also be instantly harvested in to the National Library of Australia catalogue are available around the NLA Trove Service .
Finding Australian and overseas theses
Just about all Australian and Nz universities lead their thesis records towards the National Library of Australia Trove Service .
NOTE: you have to keep your existing text within the search engine and incorperate your own keywords
Acquiring theses and dissertations
If your thesis or dissertation isn’t freely obtainable in electronic full-text (for example in USQ ePrints or Trove), you are able to frequently still have the thesis via Interlibrary Loans. The Library can make every attempt to acquire a copy, either from ProQuest, or in the home institution’s library.
- Theses and dissertations can be quite costly Up to 100’s of dollars. We’ll get yourself a quote for that thesis and counsel you from the quoted cost.
- You’ll be able to make use of your Interlibrary Loan quota to cover theses – together with your quota debited a particular quantity of demands equal to cost e.g. a typical thesis acquired from an Australian Library will often debit your quota by four demands.
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses will give electronic copies of theses. You may either purchase these directly via this database or even the Library can order the theses in your account should you submit an Interlibrary Loan Request .