The Graduate Education Office manages the standard Assurance for those Postgraduate Research Levels within the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences and supports Schools as well as their students with the degree. The Work Officer for Graduate Education is Lee Wilkinson. Lee relies in Room C4 within the Sackville Building and could be contacted on +44 ()161 306 8990.
Presented here are links to the present College of Manchester Ordinances and Rules, Codes of Practice in addition to procedures, relevant forms and Graduate Education Office points of contact for advice.
Forms for download
Insurance policy for split-site Ph.D
- The College Manchester includes a provision for split-site study
- The phrase a split-site PhD is really a three year programme in which a student relies at another instituion or organisation but is registered like a College of Manchester student
- Applications for split-site plans should be designed to the Faculty’s Postgraduate Levels Panel for approval prior to the student registers
- The school provides a cheque listing of criteria that must definitely be signed off and become given to the Panel
- The checklist should be delivered to the Graduate Education Office, Room C4, Sackville Building
- For charges details please make reference to the College of Manchester Tuition Charges guide or website
- For more advice please contact the Graduate Education Office or telephone (0161 30) 69191
- Insurance policy for Split-Site Ph.D
- Guidelines, application and forms for Split-Site postgraduate research levels (.pdf)
- Guidelines, application and forms for Split-Site postgraduate research levels PGR split-site PhD.doc (.doc)
Interruption of study
- If your student needs a suspension of studies and it has exceptional conditions as mentioned within the College of Manchester’s Insurance policy for Interruptions, Extensions and Withdrawals/Terminations for Postgradudate Research Levels then a credit card applicatoin to have an Interruption can be created towards the faculty.
- The Interruption of Studies form obtainable like a .pdf or MS Word doc.
Submission of theses
- The submission of the PhD thesis is generally expected through the finish from the third year of Prescribed Duration of Programme.
- The candidate should submit a Notice of Submission form a minumum of one month before the actual submission with no sooner than three several weeks before.This will then be given to the Graduate Education Office (Room C4, Sackville Building)
- The candidate should consult the Guidance for that Presentation of Theses
- 2 soft-bound copies from the thesis as instructed within the Guidance ought to be given to the Graduate School
- Associated the thesis ought to be a loose copy from the abstract. and, if needed, a library restriction form
Permission to increase the thesis submission deadline
- When the student is not able to submit their thesis inside the controlled timespan and it has exceptional conditions as mentioned within the College of Manchester’s Insurance policy for Interruptions, Extensions and Withdrawals/Terminations for Postgradudate Research Levels then a credit card applicatoin to have an Extension to Submission Pending can be created towards the faculty
- The Extension to Submission Pending form obtainable like a .pdf or MS Word doc.
- The shape must be posted through the school’s Postgraduate Administrator towards the Faculty’s Graduate Education Office
- The applying will be given to the Faculty’s Postgraduate Research levels Panel who meet monthly and measure the application
- The end result will be conveyed formally by publish towards the student as well as their registration record is update
- Extension to thesis submission deadline form (MS Word )
For advice contact the Graduate Education Office on (0161) 306 9191 or email email@example.com kingdom