ORA includes a growing assortment of digital copies of effective Oxford theses posted included in research degree awards. The entire content of as numerous theses as you possibly can are created freely open to be utilized online. They must be utilized in compliance using the Conditions and terms useful.
The College of Oxford is dedicated to the largest distribution of research theses created by its graduated pupils. Students following D.Phil. M.Litt. and M.Sc.(by Research) programmes and registered  from first October 2007, are needed to deposit a hardbound along with a digital copy of the thesis using the Bodleian Libraries. Digital copy ought to be deposited within the Oxford College Research Archive (ORA). ORA provides high visibility and digital upkeep for Oxford digital theses. Students should read information concerning the deposit of and use of digital theses that is available on this web site. Please contact ORA@bodleian.ox.ac.united kingdom should you require more information and have questions regarding deposit of the digital thesis.
Begin to see the flowchart which describes the thesis writing and submission process.
 The date of enrolment which a student commenced this programme. If progressing from the master’s to some doctorate programme it’s the date a student began the brand new doctoral research programme
Students on other postgraduate programmes are asked to submit a duplicate of the thesis to ORA. Begin to see the listing of qualified programmes .
- You ought to have been granted leave to supplicate before depositing digital copy of the thesis
- Deposit digital copy within the Oxford College Research Archive (ORA) and then click ‘Deposit.’ You’ll need your Oxford password (also referred to as WebLearn/WebAuth/SingleSignOn password) to be able to deposit your thesis. In case your Oxford username and password has expired and you want to deposit an electronic copy of the thesis in ORA, please call us at ORA@bodleian.ox.ac.united kingdom to set up your password for deposit, stating your company name, kind of degree, year of award, your Oxford academic department during the time of your award and also the title of the thesis. Once issued with this particular password, you need to deposit your thesis online at archive.sers.ox.ac.united kingdom/cgi-bin/alumni/submit.cgi
- within the thesis usually rests using the author: this doesn’t change whenever you deposit your thesis in ORA. No possession is assumed through the Bodleian Libraries within the work. However, for content incorporated inside your thesis where takes place by a 3rd party, you MUST make sure that you have permission from holders prior to making it freely available online via ORA. More information can be obtained here .
- You have to make sure that you adhere to permissions for access to content inside your thesis for just about any material included in ip legal rights (for example patentable, sensitive, commercially restricted material etc).
- Restricting access for your digital thesis in ORA:
i) Enforced embargo. Includes: material that the writer doesn’t hold (3rd party ) where permission is not granted towards the author to distribute that material online where there’s a contract with for instance, an industrial company or individual person, that material won’t be released other IPR reason or legal rights violation where material can’t be made freely available online. Please visit info on sensitive content and patient consent .
ii) At author’s request for reasons for example: concerns about pre-publication of the future monograph or any other publication material that is patentable and for that reason shouldn’t be released sensitive material.
6. You need to deposit two copies of the digital thesis in ORA. Both copies will include all corrections as with the ultimate passed form of the thesis. Please visit info on Preparing your thesis for instructions how you can restrict use of areas of your thesis.
i) theoriginal source file without any security settings with regards to upkeep. This copy won’t be made freely available. This copy ought to be like the print copy.
ii)a PDF (PDF/A frequent) copy (who have security settings and embargoed material) for distribution. This copy is going to be made freely available (otherwise under embargo).
7. Non-Roman figures and diacritics ought to be Unicode compliant. See ox.libguides.com/digitaltheses/fonts_images to learn more.
To learn more see pages on this web site. Please contact ORA@bodleian.ox.ac.united kingdom should you require more information and have questions regarding deposit of the digital thesis.