Submitting the Manuscript towards the Dean’s Office
When a thesis or dissertation continues to be defended and approved with a faculty committee, the ultimate form of the manuscript should be posted towards the Dean’s Office from the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. The committee certifies the manuscript qualifies regarding content and style, however the Dean’s Office has final authority within the acceptance from the manuscript. The manuscript should be grammatically correct, reflect obvious communication ability, and stick to the standards presented within this document as well as in the particular style manual adopted through the program of study. Errors and omissions within the final form of the manuscript may delay a student’s degree conferral. A student should work carefully with primary consultant on problems with format and elegance.
An evaluation copy from the manuscript should be posted to work from the Dean in Agnes Arnold Hall room 402 no after the deadline listed it is normally two days before the conclusion from the semester. A manuscript review and submission appointment is needed to make prior to the deadline. Contact Anna Marchese at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a scheduled appointment.
Thesis and Dissertation Deadlines
Fall 2016 deadline to undergo the Dean’s Office: Thursday, December first.
Strategies for Effective Submission
- Talk to your consultant/committee concerning the progress of the work, formatting, and content issues at the start of the semester.
- Realize that a student has got the responsibility to complete all forms, obtain proper signatures, create a submission appointment, and submit an entire, accurate, and effectively defended manuscript package.  Including one (1) bound copy from the master’s thesis or dissertation towards the Dean’s Office. (Bindery delivery receipt is enough evidence of binding.)  [Note: senior recognition’s thesis students must submit no less than three (3) bound copies.] Submit, once dissertation/thesis meets the approval of the Dean’s Office, a digital form of the thesis or dissertation towards the College of Houston Library. [Note: Senior honors theses aren’t posted digitally towards the Library.]
- Keep in mind that any errors, omissions or discrepancies may delay degree conferral. Focus on details and become mixed up in quest for timeliness and precision.
- Estimate the up front costs essential to submit, microfilm, and/or your manuscript so you’ll be ready.
- Looks: Left margin is of just one.25”-1.50” and 1” around the remaining three sides.
- All figures or illustrations should be captioned. Exactly the same type of type and consistent spacing can be used through the thesis. There’s no fixed style for references, equations, figures, and tables. Whatever style is adopted ought to be used consistently.
- A regular type of referencing ought to be used through the thesis. Best societies in specific fields from the major department includes a preferred style which needs to be used. Common styles include APA, MLA and Chicago Manual of fashion.
- The thesis should be double-spaced.
- The kind size ought to be 10󈝸 point.