Ph.D. Physics, The College of Chicago, USA, 2011
B.S. Physics, National Taiwan College, Taiwan, 2003
Honors and Awards
- Institute for Quantum Information and Matter Postdoctoral Fellowship, Caltech, 2012-2014
- Finalist, APS outstanding doctorate thesis research in AMO physics, 2012
- The William Rainey Harper Dissertation Fellowship, The College of Chicago, 2009-2010
I’m thinking about using tabletop atomic, molecular and optical (AMO) systems to engineer novel quantum materials while focusing intriguing phenomena discussed across disciplines, from condensed matter to cosmology. To deal with topics over this kind of variety, we exploit physics controlled by universality, the chilly cloud of dilute gases, for instance, can behave similarly just as one exotic quantum material in solid states or even as being a cosmic fluid noisy . world. AMO systems let us apply quantum control and measurements with great precision, supplying a obvious designer platform for more information on fundamental issues in quantum mechanics, field theory, and record physics.
My lab utilize the ultimate tunability and addressability of atomic quantum gases to look at challenging questions including emergent phenomena and non-equilibrium dynamics in a number of-body systems with strong correlations. Further lines of research include building hybrid atom-nanophotonic quantum devices, and exploring new avenues of topological quantum materials using strongly interacting light and matter.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Purdue College, Jan 2015 –Present
- IQIM Postdoctoral scholar, California Institute of Technology, 12 , 2011–Dec 2014
- Postdoctoral Scholar, James Franck Institute, The College of Chicago, Sep–Oct 2011
- Research Assistant, James Franck Institute, The College of Chicago, Jan 2006–Aug 2011
- Research Assistant, Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, February-Jun 2005
Quantum gas, many-body physics and quantum simulations
Chen-Lung Hung, Victor Gurarie and Chen Face, Science 341, 1213 (2013). Selected for almost any Science Perspective
Xibo Zhang, Chen-Lung Hung, Shih-Kuang Tung and Cheng Face, Science 335. 1070 (2012)
Chen-Lung Hung, Xibo Zhang, Nathan Gemelke and Cheng Face, Nature 470. 239 (2011)
Nathan Gemelke, Xibo Zhang, Chen.-Lung Hung and Cheng Face,  Nature 460, 995 (2009).
Quantum optics and atom-nanophotonic hybrid systems
Chen-Lung Hung, Sean M. Meenehan, Darrick E. Chang, Oskar Painter and H. J. Kimble New J. Phys. 15  083026 (2013).
A. Goban*, C.-L. Hung*. S.-P. Yu*. J. D. Hood*. J. A. Muniz*. J. H. Lee, M. J. Martin, A. C. McClung, K. S. Choi, D. E. Chang, O. Painter and H. J. Kimble Nature Comm. 5, 3808 (2014).
A. González-Tudela, C.-L. Hung. D. E. Chang, I. Cirac and  H. J. Kimble.   arXiv :1407.7336 (2014).
In situ imaging of atomic quantum gases, Chen-Lung Hung and Cheng Face, requested book chapter in Quantum gas experiments – exploring many-body states, edited by P. Törmä and K. Sengstock (Imperial College Press, London).
Last Updated. May 17, 2016 4:00 PM